The first tower at Clot d’Emprivat is crowned
News

The first tower at Clot d’Emprivat is crowned

LA TORRE reaches the twentieth storey. Work carries on with external cladding and the installations are finished. Nearly a hundred people are working on this project, 90% belong to local companies.

Last Friday the first tower in the Clot d’Emprivat area, a 20-storey building, was crowned thus becoming the highest in the Principality and the first one in Escaldes-Engordany.
It has taken 18 months to raise the structure of the building. In November 2019, work was started with the excavation of the plot. Today, a year and a half later, the structure of the building is finished thanks to the dedication and involvement of the team made up of nearly 100 workers including architects, designers and development promoters.

The next building phase will finalise the installations as well as the facade. Parallelly to the construction of the structure, work has been done on the cladding of the facade with a view to reducing, as far as possible, the impact that an unfinished building of this size may cause.
As it is a project with a single tower, the construction of the building is much more efficient and faster to put up. It is estimated that the facade will be finished at the beginning of 2022.
The facade coating has frankly innovative features. LA TORRE is the first building in Andorra to adopt a construction system which allows to reduce building times using panels pre-designed in the factory. Thus, they can be easily mounted from the inside and are not dependent on the ability of the operator.
The material used for the cladding is DEKTON. This is a new type of ultra-compact surface manufactured by mixing raw materials. DEKTON is highly fire and heat resistant and the material does not deteriorate with time. It is ideal for cold zones as it is resistant to thermal shock.
As for the installations, with a demanding thermal and sound insulation system, together with the incorporation of energy saving fixtures, the highest of standards in energy efficiency will be obtained. Technologically speaking, domotics will be incorporated allowing remote control of the most common appliances.
90% of the workers of this important building site in the centre of Escaldes-Engordany belong to local companies. The remaining 10% has had to be brought in from outside the Principality due to technical reasons that could not be satisfied from inside Andorra. For instance, for the facade assembly.
LA TORRE does not only have apartments for sale. It must also be remembered that there is a part destined for rent: 21 dwellings of between 80 and 100 sq. metres, with either 2 or 3 bedrooms.

Agreement for the creation of an immunology research centre in Andorra.

Zoom

Agreement for the creation of an immunology research centre in Andorra.

The first tower at Clot d’Emprivat is crowned